Our new prepaid currency card
- Load your card with your choice of 6 available currencies: Euros, British pounds, Australian dollars, Japanese yen, Canadian dollars, and Mexican pesos
- Lock in your exchange rate
- Use your card abroad at millions of locations
How it works
Order your Travelex Money card online, over the phone or in store. You can choose between store pick up or have it delivered to your home.Buy now
If you buy or pick up in store, it’ll be activated automatically and you’ll get your PIN right away. If you order your card and request home delivery, activate it by calling Card Services.
Register your card online to manage your account with ease.Register
Spend with your card at millions of locations worldwide.
Help & FAQs
Terms and conditions for the Travelex Money Card can be found here.
To contact us about Travelex Money Card, click here for details.
What are the fees and limits?
Card Fees : The fees we charge are subject to change from time to time, in accordance with the Agreement. You will be notified of any change in the applicable fees.
Travelex Money Card Prepaid Mastercard® Card Fee Summary
Card Purchase Fee Varies by Purchase Location Additional card fee USD 7.50 Reload Fee None Purchase Transaction Fee None ATM Withdrawal Fee(US) None ATM Withdrawal Fee(outside US) None Bank Teller Cash Withdrawal Fee None ATM Balance Inquiry Fee None Currency Transfer Fee (moving funds from one Currency to another) Foreign exchange rate will apply Foreign Exchange Fee 5.50% Replacement Card Fee for lost or stolen Card None Balance Refund Fee USD 20.00 Inactivity Fee USD 3.00/month
1. A Foreign Exchange rate will apply if transferring funds to another Currency. The Currency exchange rate is selected from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets (which vary each day),together with a margin of 5.50%.
2. Third-party fees may apply.
3. If you obtain your funds or make a purchase in a currency other than the Currencies available on your Card, the amount deducted from your funds will be converted by the network or card association that processes the transaction into an amount in the Currencies available on your Card in the following order of priority: USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, AUD, JPY, MXN. Mastercard currently uses a conversion rate that is either: (i) selected from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets (which may vary from the rate the association itself receives), or (ii) the governmentmandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date.
This percentage amount is independent of the additional 5.50% Foreign Exchange Fee that we will charge as compensation for our services. See Section 6 for additional information related to transactions in foreign currencies.
4. When you use an ATM, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used to complete the transaction (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer).
5.If an ATM displays a balance for your Card Account, the balance displayed may be inaccurate due to the ATM displaying the balance in a currency different than the Currencies on your Card. This may be due to an exchange rate being applied that is different from ours. An ATM will not display a balance for each Currency. An accurate balance for each Currency can be obtained through My Account at www.travelex.com
6. A monthly inactivity fee will be charged after twelve (12) months of inactivity. See section 3.8 for details.
www.travelex.com (877) 856-2471
CAUTION: Loads may not be made in US Dollars. Therefore, if you cancel your travel plans or your plans change and you want to convert the funds to US Dollars, the Currency Transfer Fee will apply (see Section 6.3 for additional details).Visit www.travelex.com to find a Purchase Location.
Card Limits: From time to time, we may limit the amount you can load on the Card, or the amount you can withdraw from ATMs or spend at merchants over certain time periods. Some merchants and ATM operators also impose their own limits on the amount that can be spent or withdrawn over a specific time period. The table below reflects the limitations on using your Card. The limits are given in USD, but they include all the Currencies loaded on to the Card.
LOAD, WITHDRAWAL and SPEND LIMITS (including all Currencies)
Maximum Card Balance USD 8,500 Maximum Initial Load and Reload amounts (Additional limitations may apply depending on method of reload (e.g. in Purchase Location versus online) USD 10,000 (per 7 day period) USD 20,000 (per 30 day period) Maximum Load and Reload amounts during a 12 month period (for all Cards and including all Currencies) USD 30,000 Minimum Initial Load amount This may vary by Purchase Location Minimum Reload amount USD 50 ATM Cash Withdrawal limitation USD 1,000 (per 24 hour period) Bank Teller Cash Withdrawal limitation USD 250 (per 24 hour period) Purchase Transaction limitation USD 5,000 (per 24 hour period) Number of Active Card Accounts at any one time 1
These limitations are subject to change. Visit www.travelex.com for the most current list of limitations.
What do I do if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
If your card is damaged, lost, stolen or misused, please contact Card Services immediately.
If you requested an additional backup card, you can continue accessing and spending your funds with no delay.
If you don’t have a backup card, don’t worry; a replacement card can be organized for you. Alternatively, we can arrange for emergency cash in the local currency (up to the value remaining on the card and subject to availability), anywhere in the world, normally within 20 minutes (in some remote locations this could take up to 24 hours). Call Card Services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can find contact numbers here.
Is the card contactless?
Travelex Money Card is Mastercard contactless enabled. Mastercard contactless is the faster way to pay for purchases of under $50. No signature or PIN is required. Just tap your card against the reader and go. For more information, please click here.
Please note, transaction limits are subject to change and different transaction limits will apply in different countries.
What do I do if I am already an MCP customer?
We’ve replaced the prepaid card that we sell in the US with the enhanced and renamed Travelex Money Card.
If you choose to buy a Travelex Money Card and already have an existing Cash Passport, you will need to transfer the balance on your Cash Passport to the Travelex Money Card within 30 days of the purchase of the Travelex Money Card.
The new Travelex Money Card is an enhanced product with contactless functionality. To find out more about the benefits of the Travelex Money Card, visit Travelex.com/travel-money-card. It’ll still have the same security, won’t be linked to your bank account and is still Chip and PIN protected.
However, if you do not want to purchase the Travelex Money Card, you can still use your existing Multi-currency Cash Passport. Please note, we are no longer selling Cash Passport.
Have a Travelex Cash Passport already?
More travel currency cards
If you’re one of our existing Cash Passport customers, not to worry. Your Cash Passport card will still be valid until the expiration date on the front of the card.
You can also order and use a new Travelex Money Card now, even while your current card is still valid. You can transfer the balance on your Cash Passport to your new Travelex Money Card, in the same currencies and at no extra cost, by contacting Card Services.
* Please be advised that although Travelex does not charge ATM fees, some operators may charge their own fee or set their own limits. Please check with the ATM before using.
Travelex Money Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member of FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. “Travelex™” and the “Travelex Worldwide Money Logo™” are registered trademarks of the Travelex group.