Register your details and save 50% on your Fast Track VAT refund*
Save time and money
- Reserve your Fast Track place today and only pay half the fee at the time of your refund.
- That's a saving of £5 per form you submit!
- Process your refund in minutes before you fly.
- Claim in your refund in U.S. dollars**
- Travelex stores are landside in Heathrow terminals 2, 3, 4 and 5.
How do you get a VAT refund?
- Shop in the UK: Look out for 'Tax Free' signs in shop windows.
- Remember your Tax Refund Document: Ask for one at each store you shop and ensure they are stamped.
- Fill in the documents: Keep all your receipts safe.
- Visit a Travelex store: Bring your goods and documents along.
- Claim your refund: Electronic or high value goods will need to be checked by airport customs.
- What is a Tax Refund?
In the United Kingdom, Value Added Tax (VAT) is charged on many goods and services. As an overseas visitor, you might be entitled to a VAT refund, or as you know it, a Tax Refund on some of the goods you buy from retailers who are part of the Retail Export Scheme.
- Do I qualify for a Tax Refund?
In order to qualify for Tax Refund, you must export goods you've bought by the last day of the third month after they were purchased.
You must also:
- Live outside the EU.
- Leave the UK for a destination outside the EU with the goods you've bought.
- Travel by the end of the third month after the month that you bought your goods.
- Show customs officials the goods, and your receipts for them with a completed VAT refund document.
For more information on VAT refunds in the UK, visit the UK Government website's section on Tax Free Shopping.
- What is Fast Track?
Travelex Fast Track VAT Refund is a time-saving solution to VAT refunds at Heathrow Airport. For a minimal additional fee, our team will be able to process your refund in minutes, saving you time at the airport before you fly.
- What must I ask the retailer?
- If the UK retailer from whom you are buying goods is part of the Retail Export Scheme, you must ask them for a VAT Refund Document at the time of purchase.
- The retailer and you must sign and date each form.
- These forms, the goods you have purchased and the store tax receipts must be presented to Airport Customs when you are flying home.
- Ordinarily, Travelex charges each Fast Track customer £10 to process the Tax Refund for each VAT Refund Document, however if you book a Fast Track tax refund, you will receive 50% off each form submission.
- What is the process I need to follow?
With Travelex, we've made the process really easy for you, and thrown in a 50%* saving too:
- When you buy goods, remember to ask the retailer for your VAT Refund Document at the time of purchase.
- Keep all your documents and tax receipts safe until you are ready to fly home.
- At the airport, look for the Travelex VAT Refunds store.
- Present the Travelex team member with your unique Fast Track code and head straight to the counter to be processed.
- Your goods will be inspected and each form that is eligible for a tax refund will be stamped.
- The Travelex team member will pay out the refund, less the small fee charged for each form submitted - which will be discounted by 50%*.
- Use your extra cash to shop in the airport duty free, or take it home with you.
- Are there any Terms and Conditions?
Yes, you can find them here. Please read them carefully.
Our trusted tax partners
*50% discount will apply to the Travelex service fee charged on each VAT Refund form stamped by UK customs at the time of your departure.
**Cash refunds not applicable on all tax refund forms or in all cases. For more information, visit the UK Government Tax Refund Guidelines.