Register your details and save 50%* on your Fast Track tax refund
Save time at the airport. Use Travelex's Fast Track service.
- If you live outside the European Union you may be entitled to a tax refund on goods you have purchased in the UK.
- Redeem your Fast Track voucher before you fly and save 50% on the servicing fee charged for each Tax Refund Document you submit.
- Travelex VAT stores are located landside in Heathrow terminals 2, 3, 4 & 5.
- Refunds can be claimed in your home currency**.
- This offer is only available to travelers returning to the US from London Heathrow Airport. Refer to our FAQs section below for more information.
- For more information, visit the UK Government's guidelines on Tax Free Shopping.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- What is a Tax Refund?
In the United Kingdom, Value Added Tax (VAT) is charged on many goods and services. As an overseas visitor, you might be entitled to a refund on the VAT you have paid on some of the goods you buy from retailers who are part of the Retail Export Scheme.
- Do I qualify?
In order to qualify you must:
- Live outside the EU.
- Leave the UK for a destination outside the EU with the goods you've bought.
- Travel by the end of the third month after the month that you bought your goods.
- Present your purchased goods and your receipts for them with a completed VAT refund document at the Travelex VAT Refunds store.
- What must I ask the retailer?
- If the UK retailer from whom you are buying goods is part of the Retail Export Scheme, you must ask them for a VAT Refund Document at the time of purchase.
- The retailer and you must sign and date each form.
- These forms, the goods you have purchased and the store tax receipts must be presented at the Travelex VAT Refund store when you are flying home.
- Ordinarily, Travelex charges each Fast Track customer a £10 processing fee for each VAT Refund Document, however you will receive 50% off each form submission if you register for a voucher today.
- What is the process I need to follow?
With Travelex, we've made the process really easy for you, and thrown in a 50% saving too:
- When you buy goods, remember to ask the retailer for your VAT Refund Document at the time of purchase.
- Keep all your documents and tax receipts safe until you are ready to fly home.
- At the airport, look for the Travelex VAT Refunds store.
- Present the Travelex team member with your unique Fast Track code and head straight to the counter to be processed.
- Your goods will be inspected and each form that is eligible for a tax refund will be stamped.
- The Travelex team member will pay out the refund, less the small fee charged for each form submitted which will be discounted by 50%.
- Use your extra cash to shop in the airport duty free, or take it home with you.
Our trusted tax partners
*50% discount will apply to the Travelex service fee charged on each VAT Refund form stamped by UK customs at the time of your departure.
**Cash refunds not applicable on all tax refund forms or in all cases. For more information, visit the UK Government Tax Refund Guidelines.
This offer is only available to US travellers returning to the US from London Heathrow Airport only. Refer to our FAQs section for more information.